Cha-cha-chia! Chia seeds are nutrient packed little guys and help make an awesome jam such as this Raspberry Chia Jam of mine. Some might even say it’s the jam! Cheesy-ay? hehe 😉
This jam makes a really great condiment to your breakfast or snacks (GF- toast, scones, or even topping smoothies for a fancy garnish!) It also has just the right amount of sweetness, I prefer 1+1/2 tbsp. raw honey, but those who like things sweeter could try 2 tbsp. or a bit more more to taste! Some fun culinary nutrition facts about the ingredients in this jam:
- Raw honey: antimicrobial and antibacterial!
- Chia Seeds: omega 3 !!
- Raspberries: Antioxidants, Low Glycemic, Vitamin C!
Did I mention how easy this jam is to make? Jams sound so hard or complicated to make, but this one is super simple and easy! Literally all you need are 5 ingredients (really 4 if you count the lemon zest and juice as one!) and one pot to create this chia jam magic! So what are you waiting for, go give it a try! and impress your loved ones with your homemade jam! Enjoy!
Oh, and one more thing, I will be using this jam in a festive Valentine’s day recipe this week! Any guesses to what the recipe will be? Comment down below! 🙂
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- pinch lemon zest
- 1½ - 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Place the raspberries, raw honey, lemon juice and zest in a small pot over medium heat.
- Stir mixture and use the back of a wooden spoon to smash the berries. Let simmer on low for 10 minutes while stirring periodically. Move the heat back up to medium and let mixture bubble for 5 more minutes.
- Take off of heat and stir in the chia seeds. Let cool before transferring to a glass jar to store in the fridge. Serve as a condiment to your breakfasts or snacks and enjoy!
“Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins” – 1 Peter 4:8