Wow,2017 already, how can it be?! So much has happened in the span of 2016 and reflecting back on the year reminds just how truly blessed I am for all the wonderful people I have in my life-including all of you awesome blog readers! I posted a round up of some of my 2016 favorites of blog recipes and products that I love from the year (Read here). Overall, 2016 has truly been quite year jam packed with lots of changes, but all good changes (: For instance, I became a adult legally (though still very much a kid at heart), I graduated high school, I got my feeding tube out, I started my freshman year of college, I started driving and finally got my drivers license, and so much more.Now lets get to this yummy mocha maca protein drink! If you’ve been following along my journey, you know I have gastroparesis and had a feeding tube for 2 and 1/2 years, which I had removed in August (one of the many good changes in 2016!). Liquid nutrition continues to be a big part of my daily life with gastroparesis, and through I have found good alternatives to commercial nutritional drinks on the market made with better ingredients, I overall really prefer to make my own where I can control the amount of sweetness and taste. So this drink is not only nutrient dense, packed with gut healing goodness & protein from collagen, healthy fats from GHEE, but it also tastes super delicious! and can be enjoyed either hot or cold depending on the weather outside or what you’re feeling in the mood for! as well as is super easy to whip up, and I make it in my college dorm room daily in my handy dandy Nutri-bullet personal size blender!
Now being the nutrition nerd that I am, lets talk about how awesome these ingredients are:
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides >> protein, gut healing, and great for skin + nail health!
- Raw Cacao Powder >> full of antioxidants and nutrients
- Ghee>> healthy FAT!
- Cinnamon >> helps lower blood sugar!
- Herbal Coffee >> Dandy is great for helping detoxify your liver!
- and my secret ingredient…LOVE! hehe! 😉
I hope you love this nutrient dense drink as much as I do! and then you’ll be making it all throughout 2017! Happy New Year my friends-wishing you all a healthy, grand, and beyond happy new year! -xoxo Macy
- 1 cup of herbal coffee or cold brew coffee **
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 1-2 tbsp. ghee
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- Pinch of pink himalayan sea salt
- Optional: splash of vanilla extract
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds or until well blended. Pour in cup or mug and enjoy!
“May he grant you according to your hearts desire, and fulfill all your purpose.” – Psalms 20:4
>>> Pin for Later! <<