Taco Tuesday? Oh wait it’s friday, how about fiesta friday a la tacos! 😉 These tacos are super simple, delicous, and a recipe from the new “The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life” cookbook by the very inspiring Terry Wahls! If you have not yet hear of Terry or read her story- I highly recommend checking it out here, she is seriously an inspiration to so many!
She recently came out with a new book of recipes that accompanies her Wahls Protocol. Some of my favorite things about this book are:
- Every recipe is simple + easy! (yay!)
- Every recipe uses few ingredients!
- Every recipe is nutrient dense, healing, and delicious!
I made the turkey tacos and topped them off with some guacamole (YUMMM) and some jalapeños since we had some on hand. I forgot to take the seeds out so they might have been a bit spicy …oops 😉 but the simplicity of this dish was pure delicious!
ps check out my Instagram (here) to see a sneak peak at next week’s recipe coming to the blog! Until then I hope you all have a splendid week! xo
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cups thinly slices bell peppers
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 large lettuce, kale, or collard leaves
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- Salsa and/or guacamole to taste
- Heat the ghee in a stockpot or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey, taco seasoning, bell peppers, and onions. Cook until turkey is browned and the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve the cilantro and hot sauce on the side, or stir them directly into the skillet. Divide the taco filling among eight large leaf wrappers (lettuce, kale, or collards). Add salsa and/or guacamole. Roll up or fold up and enjoy. Alternatively, serve the filling on a bed of greens as a taco salad.
“With God all things are possible”- Matthew 19:26